1.09.2008

Find your peace

While on vacation in Colorado I had a really wonderful experience. One snowy afternoon I took a walk up an isolated road to a point where I was surrounded by only mountains and trees. As I stood there taking in the beautiful scene, I suddenly became aware that the only sound I could hear was the snow softly hitting my jacket. I can't remember the last time I was in such sweet, peaceful silence. I stood there for quite a while trying to memorize that view and that feeling so I could bring it back out when life gets a little too crazy and a little too loud.

It is so easy to get caught up in the noise of life but I really encourage you all to set aside time, even if it just for a few moments, to find your peace. I know Dallas is far from the mountains, but there are plenty of places to pause for a bit. Go in a dark closet if neccesary. :)

It does the soul good.

xo

Jen

Photobucket

No comments: